Saturday, August 28, 2010

Igor... a rose by any other name would smell as sweet.

I take quite a bit of liberty with the Shakespearean quote, I know. But with a name like Igor, well... the only other person I know of in history as well known as Mr. Stravinsky is the able bodied (yet wildly misunderstood) assistant of the body part collector, Mr. Frankenstein.

I am spending a portion of each day at the studio taking a break from my Open Studios preparedness tasks (O.S.P.T.) to work on Mr. S. He's a welcome break as the tasks and chores of big show preparation can make a lass a might cranky, and we wouldn't like that now would we?

So to have a an actual painting commission to work on and as a bit of frosting on the cake, a oversized portrait, which happens to be a favorite subject and format, I must say that I am tickled by it all. The cherry on top would be the fact that I have the luxury of time. The clients don't expect the painting until November which gives me a full two months to go back and forth, ponder, reassess and put not only my creativity but my best work onto the canvas. If only all projects could be this ideal, yes?

Igor's progress

2 comments:

  1. Kate,
    I love seeing the progression of your art, I will have to do that with a project soon!

    Karena
    Art by Karena

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karena, Thanks for commenting. I post the progression of a painting for me too since I can go back to it from my computer and keep looking at it when not in the studio. Double edge there but it can be useful to "see" it from a different medium and hopefully see it with fresh eyes!

    ReplyDelete