Tuesday, May 18, 2010

I am in a period of time between art shows, but well aware of the task at hand which is to produce "new work" by September. I feel that as a professional artist, I am obliged to always try to be producing new work so that collectors can see an evolution and freshness to the art. To that end, I was inspired by the photos that I posted last on this blog of the view looking up at the trees. I am not a realist painter, nor strive to be, so I was seeking my own interpretation of the subject and my "view" or vision of the painting. Since my home can be a fraternity of sorts, I was also feeling the need to produce art that is overtly feminine. (yes, hammer and drill wielding me)

How do I know when a painting is finished? I was surprised at myself that I responded quite quickly: "I don't always know when I'm done, but I always know when I'm not."
With that, I'm done.
44" square Karena said...
Really love this painting!

Giveaway of jewelry by Beth Cosner Designs is up on my site.

Karena
Art by Karena

MAY 14, 2010 4:33 PM
Kate said...
thank you Karena, for the comment and for stopping by. I love this painting too- some paintings are all about pleasing someone else. This one is for me.
Kate

MAY 14, 2010 10:54 PM
Ken said...
A Artist can't escape what's going on inside them.......
it will show in their work like a view to there soul .

MAY 14, 2010 11:02 PM

No comments:

Post a Comment