Sunday, March 6, 2011

all that glitters

As you've likely surmised, I am back to planet earth from my trip to all parts fantastic. So much work to be done for the upcoming group show and one wouldn't want to shirk responsibilities.

Even if the trip is of the mind. (I think that would play worse, actually)

Yesterday I spent a few hours applying gold to some paintings: the upcoming group show is called "Gold Digger"
Several artists, myself included, showing work that has some element of gold.

After all, right now, gold reins.

Tomorrow at the studio I will continue this process and begin work on yet more art....

Stay tuned.

3 comments:

  1. Kate this is wonderful! every time I use Gold or Silver leaf I seem to make a huge mess!

    Do come and enter my Artful Offering!

    xoxo
    Karena
    Art by Karena

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I forgot to mention...I make a huge mess!

    Thanks for visiting Karena!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i saw "little bird" in a gallery in st. helena last spring and was completely dazzled by the gold (both as a texture and a color). i wanted to steal it right off the wall!

    ReplyDelete