Friday, April 16, 2010

a little more fabulous

Took one more painting up to Ma(i)sonry, so I took the time to take some additional photos of the space where my art is hanging. The room is lovely and I must say, everything (meaning art) seems to look better on stone. How did I not know this? Has this been going on for a long time and no one let me know?

There is a natural richness inherent to stone and the myriad colors within and in this case sits beautifully with the colors with which I paint. I'm a changed painter.






this last image is the new work I dropped off late this week, called "order from chaos" It's an abstract palette knife painting of cypress trees. Again, the art on the stone wall. If there's a better combination out there, I haven't seen it.

No comments:

Post a Comment