Friday, September 12, 2008

Feelin' good

I do feel good. Granted, I had a few moments this week where I was experiencing the stress/freak-out anxiety of an art show coupled with getting new paintings ready for a gallery in Burlingame.
When it rains, it pours. Just when things were rolling along for open studio and I had a definite plan of what paintings were to be in the show and what I needed to produce to round out the show, I'm contacted by Marilyn Jaeger as well as Art and Soul Gallery asking for new work. (I've had paiintings hanging in both locations for a while now) So, I had to clear out all of my intended paintings for open studio to deliver to M.J. then pull a few more and paint more for the Gallery. Back to the beginning for open studio. I've been in crunch mode for a few weeks, but looking around at what goes where, I'm feeling very good about O.S. and feel prepared and positive.
At the studio in Napa: painting hanging panels that divide the space into sections for each artist- the owner of g Studio clearing all the space, everything goes away and the whole space is masterfully transformed into studio/gallery exhibition space. Already looks terrific. I'll post photos here so you can see the space and show- those of you unable to make it.
bye for now, off to make my fortune in Napa Valley...
k

No comments:

Post a Comment