Wednesday, March 3, 2010

this week at the studio


I'm doing more work this week on this painting. It measures 1 meter by 2 meters. (3'x6') In case you have the space.
This painting is done entirely using the palette knife. No paint brushes what so ever which is a nice change of pace as it creates a texture (which I'll later remove) that is as much sculpture as it is painting. Once the paint is truly dry, I'll go over the whole painting once more and "knock off" all of the high spots which create a topography of which I am not trying to achieve.

This is the first time I've had so many large canvases: 6 or so that measure a meter to three meters by same and up. A daunting task insofar as where or where to put them to paint and to hang once they are finished. I have adequate studio space, but for a show, I'll be needed to use all of my problem solving brain cells to make sure I can hang it all and hang it well.

Gstudio blog is being worked on and hopefully in top form by the May 1 and 2 show. In the meantime, you can go here and enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment