Monday, January 4, 2010

a day in the studio

I got to spend a few hours at the studio sunday. I write this way because my children are out from school for three weeks for the holidays and I can't spend my preferred time in the studio daily to paint. One of the galleries that shows my work in Burlingame, "Art and Soul" needed more little bird paintings and of course I was happy to hear that since I'd recently begun about five for an upcoming open studios show.




I was also able to do a little messing with our friend Ludwig. I was finished with him on his birthday, December 16, but have been thinking about the painting in wakeful moments at night. So, here he is again with some subtle modifications.







Lastly, I'd started up a new persimmon painting a few weeks ago. This image is what I would describe as the skeleton of the future painting. I've laid down the blue that will only be seen slightly in the end product, as most will be covered by the leafing. Stay tuned and I'll post additional photos as I layer in the paint for the fruit itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment